healthy diet

Recipes, naturopathy, acupuncture, homeopathy ...

healthy diet

Postby DarlaR » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:48 am

I always thought I ate well.
Two years ago my doctor warned me about incipient high blood pressure and a slightly elevated heart rate. I was 69 years old.
140/88, 78bpm.
First off, my can opener is lost. I wouldn't know where to look for it.
I gave up most dairy products other than a splash of milk on my oatmeal.
I occasionally abuse this with some sour cream on certain items.
I use olive oil rather than butter on an English muffin at breakfast.(I microwave the oil with some garlic powder). I've come to understand why Mediterranean diets so often include bread dipped in olive oil. Yum.
I eat a slice of bacon with my breakfast because that is how pigs tell us they love us. You can pry the bacon from... yadda yadda.
Turns out that bacon is easier on the body than eggs, which have a LOT of cholesterol.
I stopped eating eggs regularly too, but will whip up an omelette now and again anyway. I used to eat 3 fried, daily, not good.
Big salads at least 5 times weekly.
More sweet potatoes than white potatoes.
If something has salt or sugar in it, I don't avoid it, but I never add them to anything.
I rarely eat beef, except in tacos as ground beef. Beef is just not good for your heart or your digestion.
I eat pork, chicken, pizza, tacos, what have you, but it is those few things I don't eat which really make the difference.
NO SECONDS.
I also take purblack shilajit to fight off fatigue and brain decay
None of this is religious. Exceptions can be made.
:)
Here's the results.
I'm 71.
The day before yesterday my BP was 116/66, BMI of 22.8 and my heart rate was 66bpm.
116/66 is close to ideal.
NO PRESCRIPTION DRUGS.
All done with the above diet changes and exercise, a 2 mile walk plus a 6 minute resistance band workout.
My joints work better (ask any athletic trainer about WHITE SUGAR).
White sugar is also said to be a major culprit in high blood pressure.
My skin looks better. Even at 71.
Olive oil works from the inside too.
The normal American diet is not good for us, but you don't have to get radical to eat well.
DarlaR

Re: healthy diet

Postby fncbear » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:31 pm

Eat small, frequent meals, This can be as simple as eating half a sandwich for lunch and the other half a few hours later. Or having a yogurt for breakfast and putting a healthy cereal in a baggie or some raw nuts for a mid-morning snack.
https://cbdlifemag.com
fncbear

Return to Diet and Body